Sanitation includes cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and storing food in sealed containers. It is also crucial to clean drains and sinks regularly and dispose of waste or rotten items immediately to eliminate potential breeding sites for flies.
Sealing Cracks and Holes
Cracks and holes in walls, windows, and doors are entry points for flies. Thus, it is important to inspect your facility for any structural gaps and repair them promptly.
Proper Food Storage
Daily cleaning food storage areas — such as refrigerators and pantries — is vital to maintaining cleanliness. In addition, immediately clean up any spills or crumbs to remove any potential food sources for flies.
Various fly traps are available on the market, such as:
- Sticky Traps: These use a sticky surface to trap flies. They are easy to set up and usable in various settings.
- Insect Light Traps: Using ultraviolet light to attract and capture flies, insect light traps are beneficial to huge infestations in commercial settings.
- Glue Boards: These create an adhesive surface by combining insect light traps to mitigate flies. They are also disposable and easy to replace.
- Bait Traps: Bait traps use food or other attractive substances to lure the flies into a contained space.
- Fly Zappers: These employ electricity to kill flies in contact with a charged grid and are mostly used in a setting with a large volume of flies.
- Vacuum Traps: Vacuum traps catch and remove flies from the air using suction.
If trapping alone cannot control your fly problem, you may need to turn to insecticides. When choosing an insecticide, it is important to select one specific to your type of fly problem and to follow all safety precautions. Several insecticides are available for commercial fly control, including:
- Sprays are applied as a mist or direct spray.
- Baits attract and poison pests and are commonly used for ant and roach control.
- Foggers create a cloud or “fog” to kill flying and crawling insects.
Regularly monitoring your commercial environment is important in addressing fly infestations before they become a major problem. This includes daily inspections of all areas in your place, trash bins, and drains.
Gardner Products: Top-Notch Solutions for Commercial Fly Control
Don’t let flies pose a risk to the health and comfort of your commercial environment! At Gardner Products, we offer a range of high-quality, durable, and reliable fly traps designed for commercial settings. As the leading manufacturer of insect light traps, our products guarantee fly-free surroundings for the safety of your employees and customers.
Contact us today to learn more about our products and services!